Our monthly newsletter is sent to all ASPA LGBT Advocacy Alliance Section members who have elected Section membership as part of ASPA annual membership. You may also view our newsletter below.
ASPA LGBT ADVOCACY ACTION SECTION NEWSLETTER
APPOINTMENT OF VICE CHAIR
The Executive Committee of the ASPA LGBT Advocacy Action Section has appointed Dr. Christopher Surfus to serve as Vice Chair of the Section, effective April 18, 2022. The Executive Committee also appointed Dr. Wallace Swan to serve as Membership/Newslettter Chair.
REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS
The Vice Chair requests that you volunteer for the following positions:
- Secretary—takes notes at Section meetings
- Board member (Conference Liaison)—Lets members know the dates, times, costs of upcoming conferences
- Board member (Social Media)—Keeps our social media sites (including web page and Facebook) up to date with new information about the Section
- Board member (Outreach)—-Links with other ASPA sections to ensure a collaborative relationship with them for workshops.
- Awards Chair—-Chairs an Awards Committee to ensure that quality academic scholarship and practitioner activities are rewarded by Section action.
Any of those of you who are members who wish to serve as volunteers for Section offices should contact the Vice Chair at: [email protected]
1.Social Equity Leadership Conference/National Academy of Public Administration, June 8-June 10, 2022, online, free registration, https://tinyurl.com/SELC22
- SECOPA, Lexington (Downtown Hilton) Kentucky, September 29-October 2, 2022, Registration $181, Hotel, $225/night, https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/4171989/secopa-2022-annual-conference-richmond-eku-conferencing-events
- NASPAA/Teaching Public Administration, Chicago (JW Marriott) Illinois, October 19-21, Registration $200, Hotel $509/night. https://www.naspaa.org/events/naspaa-annual-conference
- NECOPA, online, Registration $50. https://northeastpublicadmin.org/
- APPAM, Washington (Hilton) D.C., November 17-19, 2022. Registration: $530 (early). Hotel $213/night. https://www.appam.org/conference-events/fall-research-conference/cross-disciplinary-perspectives/
- COVID-19, The LGBTQIA+ Community and Public Policy, Wallace Swan, editor (September 2022)
- Please notify the Newsletter Editor of any publications that you have initiated. Contact: [email protected]
DO NOT FORGET TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Please renew your Section membership when renewing your ASPA membership.
2022-2023: Section Leadership
Chairperson—Ann (Hess) Braga
Vice Chair—Christopher Surfus
Board Member (Conference Liaison)—
Board Member (Social Media)—-
Board Member (Outreach)—
Board Member (Membership/Newsletter)—Wallace Swan
Immediate Past Chair—-Staci Zavattaro